Room Parents are an essential link between the children and families, the teachers, and the PTA. The main responsibilities are to help coordinate class volunteers for classroom activities, school wide, and PTA functions. The teacher will determine the needs of the classroom and guide the Room Parent in what he/she expects of them. The job is not to do everything by themselves but to encourage involvement from as many parents as possible from the class. Parents like to be informed about what is going on in the classroom and at school. Most parents are willing to volunteer when they know they can contribute and have advanced notice.
Some examples of some responsibilities are:
- Coordinating classroom readers and volunteer schedules
- Planning class parties and events
- Organizing teacher gifts throughout the year
- Communicating about and assisting with school-wide events, e.g. help organize Fall Festival volunteers, Teacher Appreciation Week, Spring Raffle Baskets
- Creating on-line classroom distribution list to send out weekly emails regarding upcoming events
- Act as a good Steward of Funds
- Room Parent should be a PTA Member
If you would like the opportunity to play an invaluable role in your child's class room, please see your child's teacher during open house to sign up.
Click here to review the: Room Parent Guidelines